Saturday, January 24, 2009

EnlightenedWorld3

Welcome to my blog. This is no ordinary blog. Please join me in making this world a better place, ultimately to transform it through a comprehensive approach to enlighten human beings through greater understanding of many topics and on many issues from education, society, religion, and spirituality, ourselves reflecting on these transforming thoughts individually, and sharing these good things with others.

Good attracts good. I served as a minister for five years, striving for the good of others spiritually through the church and into the community. Those years and recent years, and wherever I go, I meet good people, in religious houses of worship and out in the community. And over the years, I have become so aware of many other people, children and adults, who want to make the world a better place. I have met individuals, discovered websites, heard on news, and gotten acquainted with non-profit organizations all working toward making a difference in the world for the better in various ways.

There are so many ways to work to make the world a better place, whether socially, humanly, or environmentally. There are hundreds of organizations and philanthropists and most likely thousands of people around the world trying to make it a better place. There is work in all levels of society and government including health care, employment, the economy, and legal spheres, fighting for justice, peace and combating corruption in various levels of society in governmental and private sectors locally, nationally, and internationally.

One blog would not be enough to adequately address all these issues. The theme of my blog, which is spiritually-centered, focuses on transforming the world by an internal transformation within individuals one person at a time, and letting this ripple effect carry around the world. The great ideas I get I do not credit myself, but believe perhaps the Divine is working through me, as the Divine is also working through thousands of others. Some may call this channeling, others may call it inspiration, but all our attempts to express in words do not fully communicate the reality of the purpose that the Divine has in the Plan to transform the world through us into a Beautiful world. Many others have written on this perspective as my recent discoveries in some book and gem shops has evidenced. So I am not a lone or unique voice. But my unique expressions and reflections in this my new Blog adds to the harmonious voices and together our purpose is one. We all desire for a better planet. We desire to be more connected to the Divine and to each other as fellow human beings. And we all most likely believe that love, true love, is a real important factor, if not an absolute requirement to make the world a better place. After that, many of us have many different beliefs and worldviews and views or perspectives on different issues. These do not divide us. Everyone of us is needed. We are all called, (my belief anyway), to leave this world at least a little better place. That is one of my mottos is life I adopted after reading Edward E. Bok’s quote while visiting the Bok Tower and Gardens and Museum in Lake Wales, Florida. He wrote, “Make you the world a bit better or more beautiful because you have lived in it.”

I started blogging in December 2008. That makes me still a new blogger, but I am not at all new to writing. I have so far a small portfolio of writings published and planned to be published, which includes an occasional column I wrote for the Religion page for a Florida newspaper. I have done a lot of other writing the last 15 years: many sermons, hymns, essays, articles, and stories. Religion is my main field, but my bachelor of arts degree was in education. I am a very firm believer in the importance of education in transforming persons individually and society at large. I also believe human beings have developed into interestingly religious and spiritual beings. Thus, faith and religion or some kind of spirituality with religious tolerance is another very important aspect toward transforming the world.

When I started to blog in December 2008, I had not yet completely decided on the URL I wanted to stick with, so each of my first three blogs had different URLs. Please check them out if you have a chance. But I will be reposting them in this new blog:

http://truebluenewyearsresolution09.blogspot.com/ Resolutions flowing out of the Golden Rule

http://transformationofplanetsecret.blogspot.com/ The Secret is Love! real love, parents loving

http://www.artchangedhistorypersiansbethlehem614.blogspot.com/ My first blog published

Tomorrow shall be our Dancing Day!

Yours, Markforever

No comments:

Post a Comment